Wednesday 29 August 2012

Unleashing the Dark Forces

Every now and then people get the urge to show their dark sides, some more than others. For some people, such as perpetual victims, it comes as second nature. For others, it could simply be a character flaw or a poor attitude, coming from a difficult upbringing or an unpleasant experience. Some people enjoy revelling in irony or pointing out inadequacies externally to build up their own tender confidences. Some people simply turn to humor, some to music, some to writing diaries, journals or poetry, some to writing blogs. Other people may even turn their dark sides on themselves, such as attempting escape through drugs and/or alcohol, or willful self-destruction. The common theme is a type of catharsis - letting it out, getting it away.

For myself, I find that I'm on the verge of unleashing my dark forces. Hey, it happens. If you follow this blog, which I'm sure you most assuredly do not, you'll notice that first, there's not a lot of entries, so you don't really have a background for my style of writing generally, and two, I'm not one that comes across as altogether positive in what little writing I do produce. I'm what could be considered as aloof. Even on the ubiquitous Facebook, I'm not an avid user, despite being an avid viewer. I type out empty witticisims here and there, post music videos or stupid pictures every now and then, like everyone else, but generally keep myself in the background. Fair enough? Sure.

The last time I unleashed my dark forces, there were problems. Yes, the last time I opened my mouth sincerely, I was burned at the stake in an orgy of obloquy and given a true sense of how the freedom of speech is, in fact, a useful fairy tale. I'm a little older and may be able to control those forces a little better nowadays, perhaps, I don't know, channel them positively, because, as it happens, for me, it's the dark forces which give me the impetus to action; the motivation to conquer; the desire for victory and glory. We need a measure of human emotion to truly strive, balanced appropriately with a reasoned and seasoned mind. Cut out the emotion, and you've essentially got a clock.

So, perhaps a torrent of true dark energy will flow soon. Otherwise, you can expect my regular goofy updates, sporadic as they are, interspersed with a dearth of wit, sprinkled with general disdain.

Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment